INTECH Science Centre is open 7 days a week.
Normal opening hours are 10am - 4pm weekdays and 10am - 5pm at weekends & Hampshire state school holidays. Standard admission tickets allow entry for the full day.
May/June Half Term:
- Free shuttle bus from Winchester, Sat 25 May to Sun 2 June
- Extended opening hours Mon 27 May to Fri 31 May, 8:30am to 6pm
- Half-price admission to the exhibition after 3pm, Mon 27 May to Fri 31 May
Buy tickets on the door or pre-book the Science Centre & Planetarium online (online booking not available for weekdays in state school holidays nor the half-price 3pm offer)
Admission to the main exhibition area:
with Gift Aid
without Gift Aid
|Child (age 3-16 years) *||£ 6.50||£5.91|
|OAP / Student||£ 7.50||£6.82|
|Person with disabilities||Pays the standard rate listed above and their carer (or parent/ guardian) is offered a free ticket to come in with them.|
(2 adults / 2children)
A variety of other family tickets are available, all discounted by 10%.
|Admission to the Astrium Planetarium|
Apart from shows that end at closing time, admission to the Astrium Planetarium is only available when combined with an admission ticket to the main exhibition area. All prices are per person (adult or child), per show.
Planetarium show (if also visiting the main exhibition).
£ 2.20 + admission ticket to INTECH Science Centre
£2.00 + admission ticket to INTECH Science Centre
Planetarium show only:
(available for all shows ending at closing time and others as advertised)
|Birthday Parties||£ 9.75 per child|
|INTECH Membership scheme (unlimited entry for one year)||Find out about membership|
Learn more about Gift Aid here. Assisting the charity by donating an additional 10% enables the Science Centre to gain funds from HMRC [the Centre receives back the tax that the visitor has already paid on the earning required to fund the cost of the entry ticket. No forms are needed].
Booking Terms & Conditions
In entering into any transaction with INTECH Science Centre you do so on the basis of the following terms and conditions.
The terms and conditions of each transaction type are made up of the specific terms relating to the transaction type (for example on-line ticket purchase terms and conditions) and the Common Terms.
In making a donation (including a Gift Aid contribution to on-line ticket(s)) through this website you are donating, unless otherwise stated, to The Hampshire Technology Trust Ltd., a registered charity, registered charity number 294582. This is the charity that runs INTECH Science Centre.
You may elect to make a Gift Aid donation when purchasing an on-line ticket. If you are a UK tax payer, INTECH Science Centre can reclaim tax paid on your donation under the Gift Aid scheme if you have paid UK income tax or capital gains tax in the tax year at least equivalent to the amount INTECH Science Centre is able to claim. If you are a higher rate tax payer then you are able to claim to difference between the basic rate and the higher rate for all Gift Aided donations on your self assessment tax return at the end of the tax year.
Online ticket purchase terms and conditions
In purchasing on-line tickets for entry into INTECH Science Centre, you enter into an agreement with INTECH Science Centre, company number 2014929, registered charity number 294582 on these on-line specific terms that incorporate the “Common Terms” on this website applicable to all transactions.
Categories of ticket holders
For the purpose of online ticket sales the following definitions apply:
- An adult is aged 16 to 59 years old inclusive
- A concession means a senior citizen, student
- A senior citizen is aged 60 years and over
- A student means an adult or senior who holds any type of valid photographic identity card showing that they are a full-time student
- A child is aged 3 to 15 years inclusive (a child must be accompanied by an adult)
- A child under 3 does not incur a charge but a ticket must be obtained for them
- Proof of registered disability must be offered to enable a free carers admission to be issued
Issue of online tickets
Once the booking has been processed you will receive an email confirmation to the email address you specified.
It is your responsibility to check, prior to purchase, that the information you have supplied to us in respect of your on-line ticket requirements is accurate. INTECH Science Centre are only responsible for issuing on-line tickets in accordance with the information you provide.
Your tickets will be made available for collection at the INTECH Science Centre on the day of your visit.
Ticket purchase and validity
Once purchased, the date of which your ticket has been purchased cannot be changed. Payments for tickets are non-refundable. Tickets are only valid for the date and time (if relevant) stated upon them. INTECH Science Centre is not responsible for your parking arrangements.
On arrival at INTECH Science Centre, the following will be required:
- Appropriate proof of entitlement to any discounted ticket rate claimed (such as NUS card) for each person to be admitted under the ticket. NB You be asked to pay the full admission price in the instance of proof not being available
- The name and booking reference number (provided at the time of purchase)
- The payment card used to purchase the on-line tickets on this website (INTECH Science Centre reserves the right to refuse admission if the correct booking reference and/or payment card is not produced)
Online tickets purchased in advance cannot be used in conjunction with any voucher, promotion or special offer. Promotional vouchers can only be used when purchasing a ticket at the on-site ticket sales points on the day of the visit.
No on-line ticket may be resold without the prior written consent of INTECH Science Centre. If any person attempts to enter INTECH Science Centre with an on-line ticket that has been resold without INTECH’s written consent, INTECH Science Centre may refuse entry and no compensation is payable to that person.
Access to INTECH Science Centre
A child must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
INTECH Science Centre reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry into or remove from the Centre, any person. This includes but is not limited to a person who:
- Has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of INTECH Science Centre has, or is likely to, adversely affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors
- Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provide a breach of the peace
- Is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Any individual or group refused entry or removed from the site for any of the above reasons will not be entitled to a refund of all or part of any monies already paid.
To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into INTECH Science Centre, visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched by INTECH Science Centre staff.
INTECH Science Centre Policies
- It is prohibited to take into the Centre any pets or animals of any nature, with the exception of guide dogs
- Smoking is strictly prohibited within the buildings
- Commercial photography and audio or visual recording of any kind are all strictly prohibited, unless prior authorisation has been obtained from INTECH Science Centre. Photographs for personal use may be taken
- Buggies and pushchairs are left unattended at their owner’s risk, and any baggage left unattended may be removed for security reasons
- INTECH Science Centre accepts no responsibility for damage to or loss of personal property brought into the attraction
- For technical or operational reasons, some facilities may be removed, altered or closed at any time. INTECH Science Centre reserves the right to alter programme details if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control
In these terms “INTECH Science Centre” refers to the organisation relevant to your transaction as stated in the specific terms relating to each transaction type (the “Specific Terms”). The word “Terms” refers to the Specific Terms together with these Common Terms.
Amendment to the Terms
INTECH Science Centre reserves the right to make changes to its website, policies, and the Terms at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms in force at the time that you use the website and or you enter into any transaction with INTECH Science Centre, unless any change to those policies or these Terms is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you).
If any of these Terms are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
Events beyond INTECH Science Centre’s reasonable control
INTECH Science Centre will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond its reasonable control. This term does not affect your statutory rights.
If you breach these Terms and INTECH Science Centre takes no action, INTECH Science Centre will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
Warranty as to Age and Residential Status
You warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into any online transaction through this website (including instructing us to collect any payments from a payment card or billing account) and to use this website in accordance with the Terms.
You agree to be financially responsible for all transactions you undertake through your use of this website (as well as for the use of your account by others). You also warrant that you are a resident of the United Kingdom.
Limitation of Liability
Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from INTECH Science Centre’s negligence, INTECH Science Centre INTECH, its employees, Trustees and or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising out of or in connection with INTECH Science Centre’s relationship with you to the extent permitted by law.
In the event that the above exclusion of liability is not effective, INTECH Science Centre’s maximum aggregate liability (save in respect of death or personal injury resulting from INTECH Science Centre’s negligence) shall be the amount paid by the claimant to INTECH Science Centre in respect of the transaction out of which the claim against INTECH Science Centre arose.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and INTECH Science Centre in respect of the relevant transactions and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and INTECH Science Centre with respect to the transaction.
A printed version of the Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in print form.
Third Party Rights
None of the Terms shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a party other than you or INTECH Science Centre.
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under the Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. This website is directed to the United Kingdom and therefore certain terms and conditions may not be applicable to non United Kingdom nationals who access this website.